Sunday, May 20, 2012

Blogathon Day 20- College

I only have 4 weeks left of my first year of College.

Going into college as a young kid, just out of high school, who still had no idea who I wanted to be or what I wanted to do with my life, and still very uncertain of my choice in college, I have come a long way and I have learned a lot.

Fall Quarter:
I was in Math 089, English 098 and for a day Art 115.
I switched out of Art 115 because it was a huge class, and expected a lot out of you, I wasn't ready for that.

Winter Quarter:
I Was in Math 091, English 101 and Journalism 101.
Winter quarter I became a lot more comfortable with the school and started to get a feel for who I was and what I wanted to do.
I fell in love with Journalism. And as soon as I found out that the current design manager was leaving Clark after Spring quarter I jumped at that opportunity because that is exactly what I want to do!

Spring Quarter:
I am in English 102, Journalism 111 (multimedia Journalism) and Journalism 121 (newspaper). 
English 102 has been a lot of work, lots of research, which isn't my favorite!
Multimedia journalism has been a lot of fun, I'm excited for the photo journalism part of it that were about to start!
And Newspaper has been a whole new experience that i think has made me grow a back bone a little bit. The Design Manager isn't comfortable with me designing pages, which is completely understandable, i was the same way when i was design editor for my high school yearbook. But my Editor-in-Cheif has helped me get over the fear of him and take charge since i will be in that position next Fall.

All in All, College has taught me quite a bit, but i still have three years to go, and so much more to learn. And i am nothing but excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment